Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Don Juan has nothing on Jonathan!

He is just two years old and two months and yet Jonathan sure can kiss a woman senseless!
(especially if that woman happens to me his mother!)

Last night, as I was trying to put Jonathan to bed, he suddenly “attacked” me with all his love. He crawled in my arms (nothing unusual there) and after a little pampering, he started to kiss and kiss me and hug and then kiss me again. The kisses were long and he also took the trouble of making explicit kissing noises too! The intensity was just amazing! We have kissed and hugged every day and ever since he is about a year old, Jonathan has also kissed me and his daddy back – but yesterday was a special display of love! It was obvious that his little heart was exploding with it and that he simply had to demonstrate his affections to me!

The only thing that makes me a bot uneasy is that the “love attack” took place shortly after Jonathan remarked about the absence of my husband (who had gone out for about an hour). After remarking on the absence of his father more than once, Jonathan lead me to the “big bed” where my husband and I sleep , not forgetting his teddy bear too - he wanted to cuddle there. I let him lye in our bed for a shot while and then I ordered him back to his room and his bed. (Mommy and Daddy's bed is only allowed in the morning, as part of a cuddly waking up ceremony for three). Once we reached his room again, he entered his bad only shortly,while I sat on a stool nearby. Then he got up, climbed into my arms and “love attacked me”. I am just wondering if this is already the age in which toddlers get a little jealous of their dads (especially boys who feel ownership of their mothers). There are many things Jonathan prefers that I do for him and not his daddy (who is scolded for trying to help...).

Make no mistake, I am sure Jonathan loves his dad too, its just that my husband is “not the mama!” and that is just a fact!

No comments: