Monday, October 27, 2014

Boys will simply love you

I recently read this great blog post written by a lesbian mom of 3 boys. I regret I cannot find the link to put in here..she writes that while your daughters may give you on occasion the silent treatment/cold shoulder/bad mood swings etc (take your pick) your son will always just love you.

I am a mother to a 7 year old boy and 2.5 year old girl and I totally agree! My Jonathan has a simple and loving heart! Not a day goes by in which he does not tell me more than once quite simple that he loves me. On every second day he will tall me that I am beautiful/pretty alternatively he will call me the "coolest mom ever!" (his words , I swear!). What an ego booster- and I have all in-house!
My boy has a heart of gold and I am the major beneficiary of his enormous capacity for love!

Jasmin, already at 2.5 may give me the shoulder if she does not want to do something, and at other occasions she mimics me scolding, but turns it around to scold me! Her latest rebuke is "savlanut!", which means patience in Hebrew. And so I am lectured on the virtues of waiting, for a 2.5 year old to finish whatever she is doing at that exact moment (climbing the sofa, watching TV, having a pretend phone call using a magnet...).

I know Jasmin loves me too. She runs to the door the minute I arrive from work and dashes forward full thrust to give my leg a grip hug! Even her older and physically bigger brother cannot beat her to the door, even if he tries (he sometimes tries if he can get away from the computer screen long enough to greet me upon my arrival).

Both children love their daddy too and Jasmin, ever daddy's girl, practically cannot fall asleep until she has ensured that daddy too has returned from work (my husband works in the evenings). Recently Jonathan has been voicing how important family members are to him, how much he loves us all. He even invented a song about it "Ich liebe Alle!" in German, a simple melody naming all his family members, grandparents and cousins included and the simple statement "I love all". 

He has also been repeatedly telling me how important it is to him that we do things together, and protesting when this does not happen as often as he would like (I sometimes truly regret that both my husband and I work and have little time during the week...). Jonathan will simply revel at spending an afternoon with me, even if we spend it running errands. He just loves being together with mommy! A mother's life is just full of humor, ridiculous situations, surprises and if she is lucky to have a son, then also lots and lots and lots of cuddling, hugs, kisses and simple plain love! Yes indeed, boys will simply love you! Always!

No comments: