Thursday, July 16, 2009

Shoes!

Shoes were always a bit special for me as a mother! The true proof that my boy is growing more mobile and more independent. Recently it was the new shoes that thought me how independent my son really is...He selected his own new shoes!

When Jonathan was about 13 month old we brought him his first pair of shoes! When we first put them on he walked in extravagant large steps, trying to get rid of the shoes, but after a short time he got used to them and then there was no stopping him. In the first months of spring we were only to happy to supply our mobile child with sandals (courtesy of his grand mama who came for a visit from Germany). As he grows and his walking and running becomes more sure, his feet grow too – it is time for more new shoes!

And so, mommy and Jonathan went to the mall to get some new shoes! Turns out Jonathan has grown in two sizes in the last 3 months! Since the first spring sandals were bought.
The shop was able to offer me the same sandals – even in the same color and Jonathan took to them right away, allowing me to put them on and walking about the shop comfortably. Then I tried another model, totally different in look and color and Jonathan just would not allow me to put it on. He screamed and squirmed and cried his resistance! As soon as I took the sandal away he became more quiet. Them I tried another model – a Lycra shoe, intended for the pool. Jonathan did not like me putting it on, but neither did he resist as with the previously detested sandal. The shoe stayed on his foot and he remained calmly in the stroller (I put him in the stroller so he will not escape the shop – barefoot- while I try to pay for the first sandals that he selected). As it turned out that the shop was running a 1+1 offer, I could get the Lycra shoe for free – so I went to take it off Jonathan foot to pay for it, and then he cried out and reached for the shoe – obviously wanting to keep it! I paid quickly and returned the shoe to his foot – only then he became quiet again. Once we were out of the shop, he wore the shoes with much enjoyment for a while, before deciding that running around barefoot at the mall was more fun! The boy is definitely growing and developing a taste for certain shoes and activities...

No comments: